6.30.2009

What's the point of a blog anyway?

That was the question I had a few years back.
I was baffled that people would want to read perfect stranger's take on things. After all, most bloggers are not celebrities, some might be experts in their fields, but not all.

Blogger (service)Image Wikipedia


Then my brother got a blog and introduced me to a whole new world. In his blog he chronicles his life: the good, the bad and everything in between.
It seemed like such an easy way to keep the family informed. Although we are separated by thousands of miles, it seems like I have a window to his life.
What intrigued me the most is that people from all over the world browsed his blog and left comment. Like a form of social voyeurism. Fascinating.
Following his footsteps I set up my own blog. I believe it has brought us closer together.
Then I started a Beauty Blog: totally different animal than the "My Life" blogs. This one is pretty and full of pictures of things I've tried and loved (or tried and hated)
I pour research into it and try to offer good tips. It's a form of scapism.
A form of therapy, if you will.
While one blog is intimate and personal, the other is always colorful and shiny.
Now it is evident to me why blogs are important. They are an outlet, a form of expression. This decade's version of a diary or air mail letter written in cursive.

Only this journal is open for all in the world to see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment