9.27.2009

"The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People"





Do you believe in signs?

I do. Sometimes. Within the past month all signs have pointed to me reading this book: My mother in law offered me a copy from her book collection, my Amazon wishlist recommends this to me a lot, AND in organizing my own book shelf I found TWO copies of this book. TWO!!! One literally dropped from the higher shelf and hit me on the head
What gives?

So I got the hint and started reading. One of the copies I found at home was old: yellow, fragile pages withering away.
The other copy is much newer and nicer.
I started reading only to find out that I must have attempted reading this book before as it was highlighted in my usual multi-color system.

I believe the mind is only able to accept profound information when it's ready. You can't force it.
I guess it must be the time for me to give this book a solid try.

Thus far I like it. It makes sense. It kind of articulates things I have found for a long time to be true but had not bee able to solidify into words.

In case you are wondering:

The first habit is To be Proactive. Don't let life "happen" to you, grab it by the horns and take reign.
Accept responsibility, take action.

It's so easy to blame circumstances beyond our control for the sad state of our lives.

Take responsibility and change whatever things you have control over. Don't worry about the rest.

"The fountain of content must spring up in the mind, and he who hath so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition, will waster his life in fruitless efforts and multiply the grief he proposes to remove" ~ Samuel Johnson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment