7.29.2009

Riddle Me This...

I was scanning through an old issue of Real Simple magazine (a publication about all things organizing) and a snippet caught my eye: A book called "Throw Away Fifty Things" ($20). I immediately thought: "I should get this!" ~ I know, I know: the mindless herd follows blindingly to

An Issue of Real SimpleImage via Wikipedia

its demise

Anyhow, shortly after contemplating my next Amazon purchase I thought. "Wait, Throw Away Fifty Things ...Is that pretty much the bones of this book?
Why can't I just "throw away fifty things" and see how it goes?
Why should I spend $20 on this? So the author can tell me why uncluttering my surroundings will liberate my mind?
So I can be given examples of crap that needs to be tossed? (I'm sure I can come with more than 50 things on my own)

If I buy this, Wouldn't this just be another unnecessary acquisition?
Will I then have to throw of fifty ONE things to make up for this purchase?

Suddenly, the seemingly brilliant buy had turned into Theater of the Absurd.

For the time being, I think I'll start out by throwing away fifty things on my own. If I encounter difficulties I might check out this book (from the Public Library)

0 comments:

Post a Comment