7.29.2009

"The things you own end up owning you" ~ Fight Club


On my way back from a weekend trip, I saw a storage facility and thought :"oh, maybe it would be a good idea to get a small storage unit to clean up the house a bit"
Then I saw the name of the place: 1-800-PACK-RAT
Wow, what a rude awakening.
I live in a comfortable home that should more than fit my needs, yet I am contemplating shelling out big bucks monthly in order to "clean up"
Who am I kidding, I need to downsize.
So I've decided to drastically reduce my belongings. By the end of August, I hope that have "relocated" a great portion of my possessions. I'm talking gifting, donating or trashing a lot of the clutter than consumes me.
Also, I have committed myself to making smarter purchasing choices in the future.
I mean all the de-cluttering in the world will do no good if I continue to accumulate junk, right?
I vow to not buy "stuff". I am only going to buy things I need or love.
If it's iffy. If it doesn't floor me. If I am not replacing something I already own and have ran out of: It's going back on the shelf!
Hopefully, in the process my mind will unclutter as well... I'll keep you posted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment